2721ft2 - HISTORIC HOME FOR SALE-$675,000 (Davidsonville)
QR Code Link to This Post
HISTORIC HOME FOR SALE: The first dated record of this historical home is Thomas Talbott's signature in 1855, written on the wood above the fireplace in the front parlor (now the living room). Thomas Talbott was the business manager for Thomas Davidson (whom Davidsonville was named after), and he and his wife, Marian Talbott, lived in this house until 1863.
The property is 844 W. Central Avenue in Davidsonville, also referred to as Talbott's Lot by the Maryland Historical Trust & the Historic Properties of Anne Arundel County.
The original house was built in 1855 with a large addition added in 1905 - so this remarkable piece of history contains wood floors from both 1855 & 1905. As you walk through the front door into the first-floor parlor, the dark rich masculine staircase, with its incredible detail, becomes the center of attention. The ceiling is made of white beaded train car siding, and this room also has a lovely oriel window w/ seat for two, a gas stove and built in bookshelves.
The living and dining rooms have original wood floors from 1855, and each room has its own fireplace, one being wood burning and the other is set to use gas. The dining room also has a built-in wood corner cabinet in remarkable condition.
The charming kitchen features a ceiling of circular sawn wood beams, side walls paneled in pine, and the kitchen cabinets are solid wood - dove tailed together.
A second staircase leads from the kitchen to the 2nd floor with its 5 bedrooms including the master. Another set of stairs leads to the 6th bedroom located on the 3rd floor, a large bedroom with walk-in closet / storage room.
Modern conveniences have been added to this home with every effort to preserve its historical value ~ all windows have been upgraded; the home has been re-insulated and now has both central heat and air conditioning; the wood fireplace has been updated with a new liner and the roof was replaced in 2019.
The grounds are equally as impressive ~ the brick patio sits under the old sycamore tree & enormous wisteria vine that wrapped itself around the sycamore tree more than a century ago - the two have learned to co-exist together and have now become one. The manicured grounds (1.67 acres) also features a screened in gazebo and a new flagstone patio with fire-pit has just been added. There is a large workshop & 2 sheds connected to the house, and a rustic barn located at the far end of the property ~ large enough for two horses, chickens, or use as the current owners did, a wonderful playhouse for the kids.
In addition, the location of this property is perfect if you have a home based business, as the current owners ran their law practice out of the house for many years.
If you have an interest in owning a historic home, don't miss seeing this amazing property.
ADDITIONAL HISTORICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW: The six-page State Historic Site Inventory Form from 1987, created by the Maryland Historical Trust, as well as The Story, detailing the history of the property.
it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests