PURPOSE: To look out for the health, safety and welfare of the children, while providing a warm, nurturing, and loving environment where self concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individually respected. Also, to supervise aides during activities.
QR Code Link to This Post
1. To offer a program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of both the individual and the entire group. The welfare of the child is always first and foremost.
2. To interact with the children and to encourage their involvement in activities. To continually patrol the classroom or playground and to be alert and aware and to react to conflicts and emergencies.
3. To prepare a warm and safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing and permits the child to grow and to explore.
4. To plan on a weekly basis lesson plans based on a curriculum outline.
5. To supervise, train and evaluate the aide.
6. To establish and maintain good communications with parents through a daily informal basis.
7. To assess the child by observation, recording and reporting significant individual and group behavior and growth four times a year.
8. To use appropriate and positive discipline so that discipline is consistent.
9. To maintain all records and files updated.
10. To attend staff meetings. To be a team player.
11. To prepare materials, bulletin boards, centers and housekeeping needed in the program.
12. To help children learn good social skills.
13. To be a role model in the room for the children and aide.
14. To help children to become independent. (Example: Teach life skills and give children opportunities to carry them out)
15. Most of all, to have a professional appearance and attitude.
1.Must have your 90 clock hour lead teacher certificate.
2. 45 Infant and Toddler certificate preferred but not required
3.Evidence of sufficient security and judgment to handle crisis situations and to use supervision constructively.
4.Evidence of ability to move agily and continually patrol and interact with children.
5.Ability to be flexible to the changing needs of the children and group behavior.
6.Ability to supervise aide and other personnel.
Health & Dental Insurance
Sick, Vacation and Personal time