compensation: hourly depending upon experience, education and credentials employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
CPA firm located in Annapolis Maryland seeking to hire a seasonal tax preparer to join our team. This position will be approximately 4+ days a week during tax season. Work in tax season and have the warm summer months off! 1/4 mile off Rt 50/301 with free on-site parking.
In this position, you will be responsible for the preparation of small business tax returns well as a variety of individual tax returns. This is not an entry level position, many returns are complex and multi-state. You would need to be comfortable with tax research when needed and direct client interactions.
• Preparation of accurate tax returns with needed supporting schedules
• QuickBooks experience a plus but not required.
• Research tax law and offer resolutions to client tax issues, if needed.
• Ability to manage work load efficiently and complete work in a timely fashion
• Possess good communication skills to interface with clients both orally and in writing
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Minimum 4 years RECENT relevant experience in tax preparation
• Possess a well rounded knowledge of tax and accounting principles
• Experience with Lacerte Tax software suite a plus
• Proficiency in Office (Excel, Word)
• Must be accurate, well organized, and detail oriented
• Must be dependable, on-time and have a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Compensation will be commensurate to your experience
- Please provide references
- CPA or EA a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers